OHN Nended in Gordon, GA
Located below is the job description and the hyperlink for the BASF Occupational Health Nurse position located in McIntyre GA. Thank you so much for posting this position within GAOHN.
BASF located in McIntyre GA is seeking an Occupational Health Nurse to join our team in Georgia. Reporting to the MIDGA Supervisor, Medical Services, and functionally responsible to the Associate Corporate Medical Director; the Nurse promotes the health and safety of BASF MIDGA employees. Occupational Health Nurse (1700720) You will implement the health surveillance program, meeting regulatory requirements; rendering nursing care to the ill and injured; and directing emergency medical response. You will be the health care representative of employees, their managers, the union, and the local medical community. Formula for Success: You Will…
- Provide nursing diagnoses, specialized testing and evaluation of results, assessments of patients presenting symptoms of injury/illness in the Medical Department as well as in plant emergency situations. Informs appropriate persons of patient's condition and progress, and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Direct the activities of contract physicians, within the scope of practice defined by the State of Georgia and the BASF Corporate Medical Department.
- Perform medical triage, judging severity, disposition, and referral. Must be available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week to take first call for injuries/illnesses from first aiders and to consult about other work-related health issues as needed. Coordinates arrangements for transportation of employees to local medical facilities for evaluation and treatment.
- Communicate with industrial hygiene, safety and management regarding perceived health problems related to workplace exposure and promotes the observance of good hygiene and safety practice in the performance of employees' job duties.
- Assist all levels of site management in the control of lost time.
- With the assistance of the site physician, evaluates employees returning to work after absences, injuries, illnesses, and surgeries. Facilitates early return to work from STD and LTD, and monitors and manages early return to work, and limited duty assignments.
- Expected to communicate with STD, LTD, or FMLA case management services; may assist with third party notification for STD, LTD, or FMLA case management or tracking.
- Reduce lost time for work-related illnesses/injuries by case management facilitating earliest return to work for workers' compensation cases. Works closely with site HR, supervisor, Safety, Insurance, and the workers' compensation carrier.
- Represent BASF in community and other outside activities and develops relationships with local practitioners.
- Comply with medical aspects of OSHA, MSHA, and BASF Corporate standards. Administers medical surveillance programs according to BASF Corporate Medical Policies & Procedures.
- Assist and implements health awareness programs.
- Implement the Hepatitis B Vaccine program for emergency medical response team. Schedules exams and participates in pre-placement and other periodic examinations. Performs precision testing (e.g., spirometry, audiometry, breath alcohol etc.). Obtains urine specimens, including urine drug screens.
- Dispense medications and immunizations as directed by the site physician. Provides direct care, including treatment of work-related injuries/illnesses using approved protocols.
- Insures maintenance and upkeep of site’s medical department and inventory control of medications and supplies.
- Maintain medical confidentiality. Records, processes, and maintains current and accurate medical records for each employee.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing as a Registered Nurse and have a current Georgia nursing license
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in non-occupational nurse setting (hospital emergency room or comparable acute care setting).
- Working knowledge of current treatment, therapy, and medications; knowledge of occupational health emergency first aid practices and initial occupational injury treatment.
- Possess good human relations skills
- Must be available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week to take first call for injuries/illnesses from first aiders and to consult about other work-related health issues as needed.
- Certified in BCLS CPR and first aid
- Ability to use PC word processor
Monica O. Daniels, RN-BSN, COHN, COHC
Occupational Health Nurse Supervisor, MIDGA Medical Services
Phone: +1 478 946-7860 Mobile: 478-251-3012 Fax: 478-946-7966 E-Mail: email@example.com
Postal Address: BASF Corporation, 1277 Dedrick Road , McIntyre GA 31054, USA
BASF - We create chemistry
100 Campus Drive
Florham Park, NJ 07932